Tasty!


My Photo
Name:
Location: SomeTown. SomeState, United States

30-something and ready for some excitement, life is far too short to live up to everyone else's expectations.

Tasty!
The tales of a 30-something chickadee trying to find the spice in life without upsetting the natural order of her suroundings. Life can be tasty if you know how to eat it up.

Links:




HNT_1

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous:
Well




Old News:
08/2006 02/2008 03/2008



  Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Who is Tasty?

I guess its a bit silly to put up a blog without telling any potential readers who you actually are, huh? Its hard to explain oneself though when you'd really like to stay somewhat vague and discreet. There have been so many online tales of jobs lost and relationships ruined by content found on a public blog.

The very idea of a blog is a bit narcissistic, isn't it? You just simply assume there are hordes of people flocking to the web to hear all about the trivialities of your everyday life. Obviously I don't expect hordes of people, but from the blogs I have quietly lurked in the past it seams the main theme appears to be obtaining mass readership. They want to be able to stand up in the crowd and scream "I AM IMPORTANT BECAUSE PEOPLE READ ME!", and I have even laughed when highly published and read blogs post pitiful stories of not getting enough hits or comments. I guess it is easy to get caught up in the illusion of popularity, just like it was in high school. Everyone wants to be liked, everyone wants to be considered to be special and important, so blogging turns into this raging obsession where you tell half truths and exaggerated hilarities in hopes that the cool kids will let you sit at their table at lunch.

As for me, I like to think I am a what you see is what you get. I prefer not to embellish, though when I have a few beers in me I do admit my tales do get a bit taller, and I don't like to have to pretend to be something I am not to appease the people around me. I have spent the vast majority of my life doing my best to make other people happy, thinking my primary obligation in this world was to assure the needs of others were met, forgetting to worry about myself at all. I have recently made a life choice to smile more, laugh often, and try to concentrate on the happiness within myself. I honestly think I can make other people happier by leading with an example of happiness, because its common knowledge that laughter is infectious and joy is highly contagious.

Why 'TastyMama'? I saw this name somewhere a long time ago, and decided it suited me. Not that I am saying I am overly Tasty(but, my man seams to think I taste just fine), but I love the idea of being tasty, in every way you can take the word, while still being able to retain the identity of being a Mama, in every sense of that word as well. I believe in eating it all up, odd from someone that has spent much of her adolescent and adult life battling an assorted multitude of eating disorders.

So, here I am. Still left stumbling over my own words, trying to explain who I am without letting anything too personal out. I guess it is a bit odd a woman with a phobia of being caught pouring her heart out online by friends and family to have started a public blog at all, but I am hoping to hide behind the mask of anonymity.

This will be interesting.

 
Said TastyMama at 3:44 PM
[0 Comments]
Commnts:

Post a Comment