Tasty!


My Photo
Name:
Location: SomeTown. SomeState, United States

30-something and ready for some excitement, life is far too short to live up to everyone else's expectations.

Tasty!
The tales of a 30-something chickadee trying to find the spice in life without upsetting the natural order of her suroundings. Life can be tasty if you know how to eat it up.

Links:




HNT_1

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous:
The delicate art of being a woman.
Who is Tasty?
Well




Old News:
08/2006 02/2008 03/2008



  Thursday, August 10, 2006

Old news

I am often baffled by the way the man in my life's brain works. He will make comments about this ex, or that ex talking about the intricate details of his previous relationships and expect me to sit by, without the slightest hint of jealousy or trepidation, and yet if I even casually mention a lover of my past he reacts in a way that suggests I have violated some trust by daring to have a life before him. Its insane!

We had a deep discussion last night of why one of his prior interludes had such a messy end, and I tried to relate to him, in effort to show compassion for the pain caused by the rather brutal break up, by sharing a story of my own and he promptly informed me he didn't care to hear about my rather promiscuous past.

I find it ironic that woman, typically, are promiscuous if they have had several previous romantic relationships but men just get big pats on the back for being a ladies man for all their sexual conquests.

I'm still slightly injured and the words flung at my head last night still sting. I guess I will have to learn that I deserve double standards for having the audacity to be born with a vagina, huh?

I am not anti-man, I am just anti-hypocrite.


Whew, feels good to rant a bit. Today is a new day and with that heavy hindrance off my mind I think it can proceed to be a happier afternoon.


Daily Confession: I dropped his toast on the floor this morning and didn't even tell him. Just picked it up, brushed off the visible dirt, and carried it to him. He is lucky I didn't spit on it, too.

 
Said TastyMama at 10:10 AM
[0 Comments]
Commnts:

Post a Comment